Thetis Island Marina
Our marina is constantly evolving and improving with each passing year. We work to provide the best of facilities through a continual improvement and replacement of equipment and materials.
- New docks
- Improved showers and washrooms.
- Laundry facility equipped with a commercial-grade Wascomat front-loading washer that can easily handle a double load of your soiled stuff.
- Gas dryer to dry your washing and other wet stuff.
- Shower and laundry hot water is heated with on-demand gas fired heaters. This year we have added a new constant pressure system for improved pressure and flow to all showers even under the highest demand.
- Our water is made with a reverse osmosis desalinator, providing us with a supply of clean, soft water unmatched anywhere, without the smells, odors and taste of well water or city “treated” water.
- We strive to provide the best we can to our customers, so each year sees improvements and additions to our facilities.
- Extra washroom facilities in the pub/restaurant to accommodate everyone, including handicapped guests.
- Our deck and dining area is easily accessible via ramp, to make it easier for those with difficulty negotiating stairs.
- Our main dock is new, with all plumbing below the surface for a clear walking surface. It is accessible via a new aluminum ramp from a newly-installed causeway, which gives significantly shallower ramp angles at all levels of tide. It also allows transit under the causeway for small vessels, including kayaks.
- Our fuel dispensing system has been completely upgraded, including new “enviro-tanks” for both gasoline and diesel fuel, new piping and hoses, and a new dual-fuel dispenser. We strive to provide the cleanest, safest fuel system we can. In addition to the marine fuel system, ashore we have a propane dispensing station for topping up re-fillable propane tanks, from 5 to 100 pounds.
- Liquor store: within it’s compact size, carries a variety of beers, wines and popular liquors and liqueurs. We can provide volume purchasing of wines, beers etc. to cater to groups, such as for a wedding, rendezvous or other gathering, whether here at our marina or elsewhere on the island. Just contact us in advance, and we will get you what you want. We can provide keg draft beer by prior arrangement for larger functions.
- Garbage on the Gulf Islands must, by law, be hauled away by truck to Vancouver Island. We have a contract with a waste company to “tip” our bins on a regular basis, and for this we pay for the actual “tip” of the bin, plus we pay by the kilogram for the weight of the contents.
- The following are NOT ACCEPTED
used propane canisters, corrugated cardboard, Styrofoam
- Please limit your waste to “wet waste” such as kitchen scraps and food waste, and keep dry waste products aboard for disposal at a facility with municipal waste service.
- The inclusion of any “non-permitted” materials in our waste can result in fines being levied by the regional district to the contractor and, subsequently, us. We offer essential garbage services to our guests as part of their moorage fee so you can get the “smelly stuff” off the boat, but again, are always happiest when the amount and type of waste to be disposed of is minimized while in the islands.
soft drink containers, beer cans and bottles, liquor bottles, wine bottles etc. Please do not throw re-cyclables in with the garbage. We have a separate receptical for them. Help us with the overall re-cycling effort, and keep the islands clean and beautiful for the future.