Thetis Island Regatta May 12, 13, 14, 2017
NEW THIS YEAR!
After 22 years Ladysmith Yacht Club has passed the torch to Maple Bay Yacht Club as co-host of the event. Also Thetis Island Resorts new owner, Wayne Procter, is looking forward to welcoming the sailors as they participate in the 23rd running of the regatta. The regatta remains part of the popular VIRS racing series. Registration is on Friday night, racing on Saturday with the boats departing on the Sunday.
- Costs and registration details available prior to event each year.
- See REGATTA INFORMATION below
- REGISTRATION FORM (2017)
- Downloadable REGATTA INFORMATION
- Registration is from 1600 - 1930 Friday.
- Skippers can pre-register by regular mail (General Delivery, Thetis Island, B.C. V0R 2Y0) or by email. Prepayment by cheque would be appreciated or you can pay when registering.
- Breakfast starts at 0730 Saturday. Purchase tickets at the bar on Friday night.
- The pre-race briefing starts at 0900, and the race commences at 1030.
- The start point is off Preedy Harbour, so allow time to transit out there, usually about 15 or 20 minutes.
- The race runs in classes, with the slowest starting first. The race will have two finish lines, with the shorter one being used in light wind conditions. Official cut-off time is 1730 Saturday..
- The barbeque dinner runs from approximately 1830 - 1930. Following dinner is the awards ceremony and then music in the Pub until midnight.
- Sunday the Pub opens at 0800 for coffee/tea and a light breakfast
For information and race entry forms, please contact us.